Selected newsletters from No. 41, older archives see globalmet.org
- Introducing the What-If Tool for Cloud AI Platform models
- How Google Cloud helps RecruitMilitary connect more veterans to jobs
- Everyday AI: predicting the work you need to do, with the work you’ve already done
- Cloud TPU Pods break AI training records
- How to serve deep learning models using TensorFlow 2.0 with Cloud Functions
- How to implement document tagging with AutoML
- Introducing Deep Learning Containers: Consistent and portable environments
- Analyze BigQuery data with Kaggle Kernels notebooks
Making your blog better! $5 Dollars please!
My 3D WP Tag Cloud
Accident Accident Report Accident Reporting ADDIE Adult Learning alignment Artificial Intelligence Board of Directors BOD Business Captain Short Capt Short Capt Sivanandan CBETA Change Management classroom Climate Change Coaching cognitive ability Competence Competency CPD CPLP Criminalization Deep Learning Digital Brain Editorial Education eLearning El Faro Emerging Technology employability Engine room English ESL Executive Corner Executive Director Executive Secretary fatigue General GloabalMET Globalmet Global Warming GlobaMET GMET grammar Highlight HPI Human Performance Improvement Iman Inmarsat instructional design Inventor JMC Nautical Knowledge Leaders Leadership Learning Learning Development Professional Learning Professional Living Living Blue Planet LMS Management Maritime Maritime Education Maritime Engineering Maritime Enlgish Maritime Industry Maritime Labor men MET MLO Multicultural Nautical Institute Niagara Falls OBE Outcome Based Education Payment Pebble Handset People Performance Performance Improvement Powwer Professional Professional Development Safety Sea Seafarer Seafarers Seafaring SeaTALK Shipping Short Short Stories Simulator Simulators SRI Standards STCW Strategy Stress Success Succession Survey TALENT MANAGEMENT teaching Technology TKF Toastmasters International Training Training Delivery UK Chamber United Nations Virtual Classroom Web Hosting William Hamilton work iife balance Work Life Balance Workshops Yachts
wind: 3m/s S
H 33 • L 32
Weather from OpenWeatherMap
- Get the scoop: The ice cream America is searching for
- “We did it”: Today’s Doodle for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing
- Protecting private browsing in Chrome
- A moonlit tribute to a moon landing icon
- The Compass Experiment is navigating local news in Ohio
- Step up your interviewing game with Byteboard
- When you can’t find the words, 65 new emoji are here for you
- Dan Auerbach And Patrick Carney Bring Brotherly Love Back To The Black Keys
- Duff McKagan & Shooter Jennings' 'Tenderness' Is Art In Motion
- Gloria Gaynor: Disco Queen Goes Gospel
- Briston Maroney Is Writing Powerful Rock Songs With Grit And Heart
- A Special Slice Of New Orleans: King James And The Special Men
- Rodrigo Y Gabriela Find Inner Peace With 'Mettavolution'
- The 10 Standout World Cafe Sessions Of 2019 (So Far)
- Ben Dickey Lives On The 'Outskirts' And Takes A Star-Making Turn
- LITE Conference 2019 Recap July 20, 2019
- How to Use Team Building to Help Employees Become Active Listeners July 20, 2019
- 5 Myths About Video Based Learning July 20, 2019
- #GuildChat for 7/19/19: Supporting a Challenging Workforce July 20, 2019
- Designing Scenario Based Learning July 20, 2019
- Essential Training KPIs You Should Be Measuring July 20, 2019
- AILA July 20, 2019
- Peter Dykstra: From impeach to impair
- Ag’s climate challenge: Grow 50% more food without more land or emissions
- Living on Earth: Fracking and your health
- Heat warnings across US as climate experts warn of spike in very hot days
- Coal miners to hit Capitol Hill for black lung funding
- We went to the moon. Why can’t we solve climate change?
- Trump's USDA buried sweeping climate change response plan
- 10 technologies that could combat climate change as food demand soars
- Heat waves in the age of climate change: longer, more frequent and more dangerous
- 4 Tips for Fearless (and Successful) Confrontation
- Actionable Tips to Make Learning Stick
- 3 Easy Steps as a Leader to Challenge the Status Quo
- Happy 18th Birthday, Fierce
- How to Overcome the Most Common Training Sustainability Roadblocks
- How to Say What You Really Think in a Toxic Environment
- Here's Why Different Perspectives Lead to the Best Ideas
- This is Why C-Suite is the Secret to Strong Employee Engagement
- How to Copy Draft Emails in Gmail
- How to Email Spreadsheets Automatically on a Recurring Schedule
- How to Track your Study Time with Google Forms and Sheets
- Google Apps Script for Developers
- How to Sell Digital Products Online with Google Drive and PayPal
- The Essential Tools for Programmers
- How to Create Forms that allow File Uploads to Google Drive
- YouTube Uploader – Let Others Upload Videos to your YouTube Channel
- How the mysterious dark net is going mainstream | Jamie Bartlett
- This app knows how you feel -- from the look on your face | Rana el Kaliouby
- New video technology that reveals an object's hidden properties | Abe Davis
- How to control someone else's arm with your brain | Greg Gage
- How we're teaching computers to understand pictures | Fei-Fei Li
- Think your email's private? Think again | Andy Yen
- The problem with "trickle-down techonomics" | Jon Gosier
- The wonderful and terrifying implications of computers that can learn | Jeremy Howard
- Watch Patrick Stewart grow bored of his winery in first ‘Star Trek: Picard’ trailer
- NASA’s Orion crew capsule is officially complete and ready to prep for its first Moon mission
- US national security, climate change, startup HR, and launching in the Midwest
- Elon Musk says Starship prototypes will have first test flights in ‘2 to 3 months’
- Hold the first Moon rock ever collected with your smartphone
- Original Content podcast: We’re not on the same page about ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’
- Startups Weekly: The opportunities & challenges for mental health tech
- Tesla drops request for restraining order against allegedly dangerous short seller
- Google is adding Find My Device and battery features to Fast Pair headphones
- Moon bricks could keep the lights on and the heat up in Lunar colonies
- Introducing the What-If Tool for Cloud AI Platform models July 18, 2019
- Gartner names Google Cloud a leader in its IaaS Magic Quadrant July 18, 2019
- Operate with confidence: Keeping your functions functioning with monitoring, logging and error reporting July 18, 2019
- Keep calm and query on: Running your databases in GCP July 17, 2019
- Configuring secure remote access for Compute Engine VMs July 16, 2019
- How Google Cloud helps RecruitMilitary connect more veterans to jobs July 16, 2019
- Production debugging comes to Cloud Source Repositories July 12, 2019
- Announcing new GKE architecture specialization—now with one month free access July 12, 2019
- Blockchain.com, scaling and saving with Cloud Spanner July 11, 2019
- Cloud TPU Pods break AI training records July 10, 2019
- A $61 billion trade. Record-breaking busts. Rock-bottom prices. The meth crisis is spiraling out of controlDeep in the jungle in Thailand's northern Chiang Mai province, a unit of armed border officers were on duty late last month when they stumbled on a cave stuffed with drugs.
- Ancient mosque found in Negev desertArchaeologists working in Israel's Negev desert have discovered an ancient rural mosque, thought to be one of the earliest in the world.
- Londoners surprised after police tweet profanitiesLate on Friday night, the Twitter account of London's Metropolitan Police Service began tweeting unusual announcements. "XEON IS THE BEST FIGHTER IN SCOTLAND," it proclaimed, alongside the challenge: "what you gonna do call the police?"
- Why mayor blocked plans for 'Tulip' skyscraperLondon's mayor Sadiq Khan has blocked plans for a controversial tower known as the Tulip, saying the structure would be of "limited" public benefit and "detrimental" to the capital's skyline.
- UK vows 'serious consequences' if Iran doesn't release British-flagged tankerBritain warned Friday there would be "serious consequences" if Iran did not release a UK-flagged oil tanker it seized in the Strait of Hormuz Friday, the latest confrontation in the increasingly tense standoff in the important shipping route.
- 'She knows she's famous': The couple with 7 Insta-famous petsNala the cat, a Siamese and tabby mix, is slightly cross-eyed with gray and white fur. She likes being petted but isn't a fan of being held. She was rescued from an animal shelter and really loves men with beards.
- Hyundai unveils India's most powerful electric carHyundai just unveiled India's most powerful electric car and plans to build a network to charge it too.
- The hidden cost of fast shippingFree rush shipping can come with a cost to the environment — and retailers are doing a careful dance to try to mitigate it without turning customers away.
- Would you trust an AI algorithm to predict your risk of getting cancer?We put a lot of trust in our doctors — we listen to their diagnoses, take out their prescriptions, follow their dietary suggestions. Would we do the same for a computer?
- The billion-dollar Indian startup built on green energyIndian startup ReNew Power has raised more than $1 billion in funds this year alone for its wind and solar business.