Selected newsletters from No. 41, older archives see globalmet.org
- Topping the tower: the Obstacle Tower Challenge AI Contest with Unity and Google Cloud
- Sunny spells: How SunPower puts solar on your roof with AI Platform
- No deep learning experience needed: build a text classification model with Google Cloud AutoML Natural Language
- Google’s scalable supercomputers for machine learning, Cloud TPU Pods, are now publicly available in beta
- Improving data quality for machine learning and analytics with Cloud Dataprep
- Empower your AI Platform-trained serverless endpoints with machine learning on Google Cloud Functions
- Efficiently scale ML and other compute workloads on NVIDIA’s T4 GPU, now generally available
- Train and deploy state-of-the-art mobile image classification models via Cloud TPU
Making your blog better! $5 Dollars please!
My 3D WP Tag Cloud
Accident Accident Report Accident Reporting ADDIE Adult Learning alignment Artificial Intelligence Board of Directors BOD Business Captain Short Capt Short Capt Sivanandan CBETA Change Management classroom Climate Change Coaching cognitive ability Competence Competency CPD CPLP Criminalization Deep Learning Digital Brain Editorial Education eLearning El Faro Emerging Technology employability Engine room English ESL Executive Corner Executive Director Executive Secretary fatigue General GloabalMET Globalmet Global Warming GlobaMET GMET grammar Highlight HPI Human Performance Improvement Iman Inmarsat instructional design Inventor JMC Nautical Knowledge Leaders Leadership Learning Learning Development Professional Learning Professional Living Living Blue Planet LMS Management Maritime Maritime Education Maritime Engineering Maritime Enlgish Maritime Industry Maritime Labor men MET MLO Multicultural Nautical Institute Niagara Falls OBE OSV Outcome Based Education Payment Pebble Handset People Performance Performance Improvement Powwer Professional Professional Development Safety Sea Seafarer Seafarers Seafaring SeaTALK Shipping Short Short Stories Simulator Simulators SRI Standards STCW Strategy Stress Success Succession Survey TALENT MANAGEMENT teaching Technology TKF Toastmasters International Training Training Delivery UK Chamber United Nations Virtual Classroom Web Hosting William Hamilton work iife balance Workshops Yachts
H 26 • L 24
Weather from OpenWeatherMap
- How the San Francisco 49ers spent a day as Google "interns"
- A new look for Google Search
- Europe talks: helping Europeans get to know each other better
- Little kid, big campus: reporting live from Take Your Child to Work Day
- Finding my authentic self, from the outside looking in
- Research details Android growth in the enterprise
- Bose speakers get smarter with the Google Assistant
- NEEDTOBREATHE's Bear Rinehart Reveals Himself To Be Wilder Woods
- Rescued From The Vault: Nat Turner Rebellion
- The Head And The Heart's 'Living Mirage' Has An Emphasis On Starting Fresh
- Yola Walked Through Fire And Came Out Singing
- Karen O And Danger Mouse Unlock A New Creative Universe
- George Benson Has A Story To Tell
- Pedro The Lion's Homecoming, 15 Years In The Making
- Snarky Puppy's Full Pack Came Together To Record 'Immigrance'
- Visual design for learning May 22, 2019
- The Art of Experimenting and the Need for Business Acumen Skills May 22, 2019
- Are You Ready to Leave Your Plateau? May 22, 2019
- Ideas and resources for task audio background May 22, 2019
- How edtech boosts parent engagement in schools May 22, 2019
- The Crawl, Walk, Run methodology for adopting learning analytics May 22, 2019
- How to Build a Successful Mobile Learning Strategy May 22, 2019
- Global electricity access grows—but we're not on track for 2030 sustainable energy goals
- A major US utility is closing its coal-fired power plants a decade early
- Did Senate Republicans just get serious about agriculture and climate change?
- How parks help cities adapt to climate change
- Old Crow, Yukon, declares climate change state of emergency
- From 3D printing to ingredient development: Icelandic innovators taking waste out of the blue economy
- Hazard reduction burns leave pollution in the air
- Sea level rise could displace nearly 200 million this century if we don't change course
- Farms are suffering from climate change and Trump’s trade war. Here’s how to help.
- Here's Why Different Perspectives Lead to the Best Ideas
- This is Why C-Suite is the Secret to Strong Employee Engagement
- Confronting Your Boss Doesn't Have to Be Scary
- 4 Ways to Resolve Performance Issues in the Workplace
- 5 Ways to Stop Conflicts from Ruining Work-Life Balance
- This is Why Your Workplace Culture is Toxic and How to Fix it
- 3 Reasons Tough Love is Better Than a Culture of Nice
- Why Feedback is the Missing Ingredient in Leadership Training
- Google Apps Script for Developers
- How to Sell Digital Products Online with Google Drive and PayPal
- The Essential Tools for Programmers
- How to Create Forms that allow File Uploads to Google Drive
- YouTube Uploader – Let Others Upload Videos to your YouTube Channel
- How to Monitor your Website’s Uptime with Google Sheets
- How to Schedule your Google Forms and Limit Submissions
- How to Receive Push Notifications for Google Forms on your Mobile Phone
- How the mysterious dark net is going mainstream | Jamie Bartlett
- This app knows how you feel -- from the look on your face | Rana el Kaliouby
- New video technology that reveals an object's hidden properties | Abe Davis
- How to control someone else's arm with your brain | Greg Gage
- How we're teaching computers to understand pictures | Fei-Fei Li
- Think your email's private? Think again | Andy Yen
- The problem with "trickle-down techonomics" | Jon Gosier
- The wonderful and terrifying implications of computers that can learn | Jeremy Howard
- Valve’s Steam Chat gets its own iOS and Android apps
- India’s Ola switches gears on its food delivery business Foodpanda
- TransferWise now valued at $3.5B following a new $292M secondary round
- Following a report about misleading ads placed by anti-abortion groups, Google Ads updates its policies
- A young entrepreneur is building the Amazon of Bangladesh
- Food delivery startup Dahmakan eats up $5M for expansion in Southeast Asia
- Famed founder Daphne Koller tells it straight: “With most drugs, we do not understand why they work”
- Sofar Sounds house concerts raises $25M, but bands get just $100
- Google says some G Suite user passwords were stored in plaintext since 2005
- 10 immigration tips for love-struck tech workers
- Building the cloud-native future at Google Cloud May 21, 2019
- Delivering end-to-end data analytics and data management solutions with Informatica May 21, 2019
- Putting the ‘ease’ in Kubernetes with latest enhancements to GKE May 21, 2019
- Got hybrid? Getting started with hybrid patterns and practices May 20, 2019
- Cloud Run: Bringing serverless to containers May 20, 2019
- No comparison: How MoneySuperMarket is using Google Cloud to turn their data into competitive differentiators May 19, 2019
- Google Cloud networking in depth: Faster, more reliable connectivity with HA VPN and 100 Gbps Dedicated Interconnect May 16, 2019
- How Grasshopper uses BigQuery and Cloud Dataflow for their real-time financial data app May 16, 2019
- Topping the tower: the Obstacle Tower Challenge AI Contest with Unity and Google Cloud May 15, 2019
- Launching Kubernetes apps on GCP Marketplace, for GKE, Anthos and beyond May 15, 2019
- British PM faces calls to resign over latest Brexit plan
- 'Prolific' criminal group in Europe bustedOne of Europe's most prolific crime groups involved in large-scale drug trafficking, money laundering, and assassinations has been dismantled, Europol said Wednesday.
- Award-winning musician: 'Nationality is an accident of birth'Editor's note: The UN estimates that around 17 million people born in India live outside its borders. The group is considered the world's largest migrant population. From the NBA's first Indian-origin player to the descendant of an indentured laborer, CNN spoke to a handful of people born to Indian parents who settled overseas.
- Six dead, 200 injured in protests over Indonesia's election resultSix people were killed and more than 200 injured in Indonesia's capital amid angry protests against the results of the country's recent general election.
- Algeria and Argentina officially malaria-free, says WHOMalaria has been eliminated from Algeria and Argentina, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday, an important milestone in fighting the mosquito-borne disease.
- Airlines demand compensation from Boeing over 737 MaxTwo of China's largest airlines have joined a growing list of carriers demanding compensation from Boeing over the grounding of its 737 Max aircraft.
- Apple's new MacBook Pro updates troubled keyboardApple has another fix for its troubled laptop keyboards.
- Tampax introduces its first organic tamponWomen are looking for eco-friendly and healthy ways to deal with their periods. Procter & Gamble is betting that organic tampons will do the trick.
- Coca-Cola is bringing back New CokeCoca-Cola is hoping a failed product from the 1980s will help it go viral in 2019.
- This startup is building flying taxisA flying taxi that you can order through an app? This German company plans to make that a reality in the next six years.